Hair Talk: What helped, what didn't.

I live in a place in which humidity dominates my hair (my hair is curly/wavy and thick).
It's a nightmare.
And I've recently had the case of really really dry and frizzy hair.
I went and got a haircut, bought new shampoo and conditioner to 'help', in some way, prevent the dry and frizziness that my hair tends to break into.


I bought the Schwarzkopf Gliss Hair Repair With Liquid Keratin Shea Cashmere Shampoo.
And let me tell you this, it did not help one bit.
Whenever I wash my hair with this, a lot of hair falls out (when it's wet and even when combing it dry).
I wouldn't recommend this shampoo to anyone.
I stopped using this after three times and switched back to my shampoo-best-friend:
The Ginger Anti Dandruff Shampoo by The Body Shop.


Whenever I try a new one, I always tend to go back to this product (I stopped using this in order to try a different shampoo)
After using the Schwarzkopf one, I went straight to this one and I didn't lose as much hair as the other one (that's how I know the problem was Schwarzkopf and not my hair).
My hair was 100 times better.


I switched conditioners to TRESemmé Silky Smooth and I'm glad I did.
I'll be honest, I bought this because the caption bought me; Salon Silk for dry and frizzy prone hair.
I'm glad I bought it. It helped a lot.
It makes my hair soft and healthy looking, the dryness has been reduced significantly.
I'm impressed!


And finally this little guy, the Grapeseed Glossing Serum by The Body Shop.
I apply this either a day after I wash my hair or when it has fully air dried (I do not blow dry my hair).

So in a nutshell what I do is:

1. Wash my hair with the Ginger Anti Dandruff Shampoo
2. Rinse it off, and apply TRESemmé Silky Smooth Conditioner and let that sit for 2 minutes
3. Rinse off the conditioner
4. Dry my hair with an old t-shirt
5. Put my hair in an other dry t-shirt and make it turban style, I leave it like that for an hour or two.
6. Comb my hair, braid it into pigtail braids and let it air dry.
7. Apply the Grapeseed Glossing Serum.

I hope this helps you if you have dry/frizzy hair.
(I may post another post with pictures of my hair. I don't know yet.)

Comments

Popular Posts