Cookies. Cookies? Cookies!

TL;DR?
Chocolate chip oatmeal cookies. Easy to bake, easier to eat!

Shhh don't tell the cookie monster!

Hi everybody! Happy Monday! 

Today I present to you, oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.

I am going through a phase of baking cookies. I started out with normal chocolate chip cookies, then I progressed to trying out oatmeal cookies.



Want to know how to make these delicious creations? Well, keep on reading!

I used Inspired Taste's recipe for this. But instead of raisins I used chocolate chips, we're not really big fans of raisins to be honest. I altered some of the measurements for the second batch that I baked. For some reason I ended up with 35+ cookies, but I really think it depends on how big you make them.

Let's start! The ingredients you will need are the following: 

2 cups of chocolate chip cookies
160g of unsalted margarine (room temperature)
1 cup light brown sugar
1 egg
1 and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
3/4 cups of flour
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
3 cups and 2 table spoons of quick oats

Yields: 30+ 
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Baking Time: 15 minutes

On with the process!

Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees C.

What you do first is combine the brown sugar with the room temperature margarine. Now if you don't have the patience to wait for the butter to become room temperature(d), buy the soft margarine (or butter) kind! I did that for the second batch and they turned out just fine.

Mix the ingredients together. I used a hand mixer for this but you can do it manually if you don't have one. Or use a stand mixer. I don't have a stand mixer and I didn't want to do it manually, I'm a very lazy person.



 Mix mix mix until you get a creamy mixture.


After the the batter becomes creamy, add in the vanilla and egg. And again mix mix mix! For about a minute and a half.



The next step is to mix the dry ingredients together. Those are the flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon. Make sure to mix them all thoroughly.



Once you have those mixed, add in the oats.



Now that you have all the dry ingredients mixed together, start adding it gradually to the batter. Don't add it all together because it will be a pain in the butt to stir it around!


The batter should look creamy-ish and sticky.


When you're done with the mixing the oats with the batter, add in the chocolate chips. Add them gradually and mix it by hand with a wooden spoon (or something similar).





Now the "fun" part begins!

Grab your trays and place a baking sheet on top of it. Start placing spoonfuls of the batter on the tray like so and once you're done, place the trays in the oven!


Tip: If you want the cookies to be flat, push them down with a spoon or a fork!


I added additional chocolate chips to the cookies on top of them.

Tip:  Half way through the baking, switch the top tray with the bottom tray and vice-versa. We do this so that the cookies will cook evenly.

After the total 15 minutes of baking remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool off.


Enjoy them with a glass of warm or cold milk, or just by themselves!



I hope you like them, good luck!

Comments

Popular Posts