Review: Electric Lunch Box

TL;DR?
Electric Lunch Box is one of the best things that I have ever bought. Totes recommend it.

Hi everyone!

I have a cool gadget I'll be reviewing! It's an electric lunch box. Yes. You hear correctly. A freaking ELECTRIC LUNCH BOX. It's actually called "Black Electric Heated Portable Compact FOOD WARMER Lunch Bento Box." But let's call it and Electric Lunch Box for the sake of it.

If you're like me and hate using the oven or microwave at work, or you don't have a place to warm up your food, then my friend, this lunch box is for you!

(Sorry if I sound like a commercial).

To be honest with you I didn't know that this existed. And was a bit skeptical of it working, I didn't think it would work. BOY WAS I WRONG.

Okay, let's start the review already darn it!

I bought mine from eBay, for around €15.30 and received it within a week. There was an option of two colours, red and black. I bought the black one because I thought it was more subtle looking. The product came in this box.




In the box there was the lunch box itself, a spoon, another mini lunch box inside and of course the power cord.



So what does this actually do? Well, basically, this heats up your food. It says that it will take around 30 minutes, but so far I always left mine for 45 minutes to almost an hour. The reason why is that I wasn't sure it would work.

I tried heating up bread. It became toast. I kid you not. The bread was warm, toasty and crunchy and the cheese (I used mozzarella) melted gloriously.

I also tried heating up pizza. Here's the thing, I had a ton of slices in it so it was a bit packed. The bottom slices became crunchy, whereas the slices that were sitting on top of them became soft. The mozzarella again melted and the ingredients became juicy.

Warm pizza warms my cold heart.

So how do you use this magical lunch box?

SIMPLE MY FRIEND. IT'S SO SIMPLE. You just plug it in and that's it. It starts to warm up and all you have to do is wait. Wait and wait a bit more. As I said before, it tells you that 30 minutes is enough but I think that if you leave it a bit more it will be better.

If you put in food directly out of the fridge, it's going to take more time to heat up. So plan your lunch heating accordingly!
When you're heating you food, you have to turn on the steam vent to let the steam out. If you don't, well, the steam will become water and you will cry if it gets on your food. Just saying.



Another thing is to move the food around, for example, if you're heating up soup make sure to stir it a bit so that the cold parts will become warm.

Is there any indication that it's heating up?

Yes. The lunch box itself starts to become warmer and warmer. Even though it doesn't become piping hot, do be careful when handling it.



It also has a small light, but mine doesn't work, so I don't really know if it turns on when heating or when the time is up.

How about cleaning?

To be honest the only thing that bugs me about it, is the fact that you cannot wash it like you would a normal lunch box. The reason being is obviously the electrical parts in it. So it may be a bit annoying to clean it. But nothing too complicated.

What are its specifications?

Well according to the description on it has:
  •  40W
  • 1.5 litre capacity
  • 2 heated compartments to allow two separate meals to be warmed simultaneously
  • Separate removable container 
  • Steam vent so food can breathe
  • Detachable power cord
  • Heat resistant carry handle and is travel friendly

So far I only tried bread and pizza so I don't really know how other foods will turn up. Maybe I'll post an update in the coming weeks to let you know how my journey with this glorious lunch box is going!

I hope you find this (long, sorry about that) review helpful!

Until next time my friends!

Comments

Popular Posts